Welcome! This is the official website of the Ki Society and its dojos in Europe. We study and teach oneness of mind and body and oneness with the universe through the five disciplines of the Ki Society – as they were designed by its founder Soshu Koichi Tohei Sensei (1920-2011) and are now taught by his son and successor Kaicho Shinichi Tohei Sensei.
Through the practice of Ki-Aikido (Shinshin Toitsu Aikido), Ki-Meditation, Ki-Breathing, Kiatsu and Sokushin no Gyo we learn to realize the full human potential we naturally have. This is applicable in all aspects of our daily lives, and so it is eagerly practiced by people whose fields are in management, art, sports, education and many others…
- 25.6.2020: Our dojos are step-by-step returning back to training together in parks and in some cases in the dojo, while observing their local Corona-regulations. Please contact the local dojo for current class times and locations.
- 18.3.2020: Like many other institutions and venues all our dojos have paused their training in the dojo for the time being. Many offer online training (for instance via Zoom)… please contact the individual dojo/teachers for more information! Also our Ki Society HQ Advisor C. Curtis Sensei is offering online Ki training – if you are interested, please send us an email! Stay in good health, and plus Ki!
- 9.3.2020: It is with great disappointment that we have had to make the decision not to hold our May Ki Society seminars in Europe, as well as our World Camp and related celebrations in Japan, on this important year of Koichi Tohei’s 100th birthday. We know that this news will be disappointing to everyone involved. We would like to strongly emphasize that this decision has not been made as a result of balancing an imagined strong or weak effect of this Covid19 flu virus. That kind of determination would certainly be unfair to some. On the contrary, we feel that the important thing is that all members and their families be comfortable and worry-free in regards to this. Given this most important thing, there is only one decision to be made. Please understand these unusual circumstances, as we all move forward together with plus mind.
The current plan for the EUKF is to follow the lead of Ki Society HQ, and postpone our three seminars, Helmond, Bubbenreuth, and Terranuova until May 2021. The exact dates are yet to be decided.
- the Worldcamp 2020 in Japan and the 100th Anniversary Celebration have been postponed to 2021 (see note in “News”)
- 30.12.-1.1.2021 – Schubert Sensei at New Year Seminar in Rodgau/Germany
- 31.7. – 7.8.2021 – Summercamp Week 1 – T. Voogels Sensei – no places left!
- 7.8. – 14.8.2021 – Summercamp Week 2 – O. Schubert Sensei